Children and Young People
Thinking differently to help our planet
We are inviting children and young people to think about the things they have experienced and learnt over the past few months, about what really matters in life.
We're asking them to think about the small steps they could take to help make happier families, stronger communities and a healthier and more connected planet
We are also asking them to research and share the amazing, positive projects and messages that are already transforming the planetand we will show them on our newly created site The Children's Voice.
Even the very young have a voice and may want to express how they feel and what they see through words, drawings and videos. Look at how many rainbow pictures have appeared in windows all over the country! We want to encourage children to interact with nature and discover more about our world. Spring is in full swing and there is so much to look at in the garden, on a daily walk, even from a window.
Young children can also be helped to print out our Small Steps templates so that they can make their own drawings and add their own thoughts and ideas. They can then stick them in their windows to go with their rainbows!
Bigger Voices, Bigger Learnings
What have you learnt about the importance of
family and community life?
What have you learnt about food systems and the importance of protecting local farmers and producers?
What have you learnt about how much people (and goods)
travel and the impact this has on the planet?
What have you learnt about yourself?
How can you support other people?
How could we better support and protect nature?
Let us know your thoughts through words, picture and videos.
Become an NCDUK2020 Reporter
Pretend you are an investigative journalist or researcher.
Explore a topic that interests you. Then create:
- a news broadcast presenting what you have found out. Write it, film it, share it.
- a newspaper or magazine. This can be paper-based or online. Be creative!
- Plan out and create a comic strip promoting transformative positive actions (this can be as short (a four box strip) or as long (a whole page) as you like!)
- Make it collaborative! Use social media (don't forget to add our hashtag #NCDUK2020) to contact your friends and work on it together.
Create a Family Manifesto where you decide together what Big Learnings there have been and what Small Steps you are going to take
- a school news broadcast presenting what they have found out (there are some great free video editing tools online)
- a school newspaper or magazine
- Share with families and link up with us on social media using #NCDUK2020
FOR MORE IDEAS GO TO OUR SUBSECTION 'MORE IDEAS'